Being a poor college student I got resourceful! I have received sample sized shampoos, full size bottle of cleaning products, coupons, fragrances, household items, even perscription EYE GLASSES (probably my best freebie EVER I got them from Coastal.com when they were having a first pair free sale)! I have been requesting freebies for about 2 years. Over this time I have gotten very good at finding awesome deals! Things got serious when I was working my summer job in 2012. I was working with a few other girls from my college and during down time we would all be on Amazon or some other site shopping. One of the girls was constantly getting mail delivered of items she requested for free. We were intrigued. She showed us a few tips and the madness began… Since then I have spent a lot of time requesting these free items/coupons. Now when I have down time this is what I do.
How to get started.
Companies do not know that you want their product… you need to request it. So it does take some work.
You need to really think about what products you like. Is there a kind of shampoo you love but it is too expensive? Have you always wanted to try a product but never purchased it? All things to think about have an idea of companies and products.
- You do have to enter your email address for most freebies. I would suggest having an email address specifically for your freebies. (I have one and it was a great idea! no spam in my normal email)
- go to websites and see if something offered brands like Kotex normally have samples available P&G also offers sample boxes about 4 times a year!
- ALWAYS OPT OUT OF OPTIONAL EMAILS!
- auto-fill is your friend having to type in your address over and over is annoying!
- Like company pages on facebook. They often post about giveaways or even contests.
- Follow companies on twitter.
- Freebies go fast don’t expect them to be there hours later.
There are easier ways to do this. There are blogs out there that post when a freebie is available. My addiction started because of Freebieshark they even offer an option to receive a text when great freebies are available. (as I am typing this I just got a text and requested a free sample of Hefty garbage bags)
Serious about reviewing products? Check out these sites!
Pinch Me. About once a month they open up the ability to receive freebies. It is always at 12pm est. You can request a box with up to 3 samples! You do a survey and your points go up to qualify to get more samples.
BzzAgent is another great site you do surveys and they will send you full size products to test. You need to review them but it is worth it!
Influenster is another favorite of mine. They have a VoxBox program. (basically a box of whatever they want you to review based on surveys most have a theme!) another site you do surveys to qualify for boxes (this site is harder and takes more patience than others)
I wanted to give you a quick how-to I will be posting a lot more about freebies in the future! PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!
**I do not work for any of these companies. No one is paying me to write about any website/product mentioned. I am expressing my own opinions.**